Sunday, 27 January 2013

D.I.Y - Floral Sunglasses

So, we're soon approaching spring and HOPEFULLY the sun will be out in all it's glory. That means it's time for the sunnies to come out in full swing! I lusted after Dolce and Gabbana's Baroque-inspired fall show and they had THE most fantastic sunglasses. So in honour of this I decided to do a lil D.I.Y  to create my own. 

D&G floral sunglasses...so pretty!



All you need are a pair of scissors, cocktail stick(s), and super glue - I tested these two out and the bondloc was the best (it dried quicker!)

Of course the flowers! I bought all of these little trimmings in Hickeys in Galway - there was loads in each packet and they were super cheap. I did intend on using ceramic flowers but I couldn't find any anywhere (apart from on jewellery - which was too expensive)

And finally, the glasses themselves! I bought these beauties in Pennys/Primark for only €1.50!! BARGAIN!
Firstly cut off the buds from the stem...and the leaves if you want!

I used a cocktail stick to apply the adhesive and, the tag from the glasses as a surface to squeeze the glue onto.

Then apply it onto the back of the flower bud. (I also put a layer of glue onto the glasses because they were quite slippery - it helped make it stick better)

So that's what it looks like after the first two buds are stuck on - I glued the biggest buds at the corners and then stuck smaller ones around them.

And then...

HEY PRESTO!
The final result


I'm really happy with how the ladybirds turned out, I didn't think they would go with the colour scheme but putting them on the arms actually worked quite well!





Afterwards I took a few shots with them on to see how they look. I'm really happy with the result - can't wait for this rain to go away so I can wear them!

Hope you like my first D.I.Y post, feel free to leave comments or to follow me! Any feedback is much appreciated!

Laaaaater,
Lily :)




8 comments:

  1. THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!WILL DEFINITELY TRY IT!!!:)



    PS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING OUR BLOG AND FOR FOLLOWING, WE ARE NOW FOLLOWING YOU TOO!!!!;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm still quite new to this so It's great to get feedback! I have looads more D.I.Y's lined up so keep an eye out! ;) :)

      Delete
  2. heya i am just a new blogger and your blog is great..i esspecially love your DIY sunnies ..:)i am just going to make them myself..your fashion posts are brilliant..definite follow<3visit me at: http://thefashionmemories.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Gonna check your blog out now! :)

      Delete
  3. Just saw these on your guest post on etailPR. These are super beautiful, I'm a sucker for floral! Once I've finished university in april, I'm definitely making the time to make these :-)

    Im on: http://itslaura-patterndesign.blogspot.co.uk/ or bloglovin' - lauraajarvis

    Laura
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thank you so much! Gonna check your blog out now! :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Wow what a great idea.... So doing this, what a great way to personalise sunglasses, love this post.... Love your blog!
    http://thefashiondissect.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete