Wednesday, 27 March 2013

D.I.Y - cut out denim shirt

If you like my Facebook page you would've seen my sneak peek of this D.I.Y HERE

Ever find yourself with too many shirts? Yea some of you may say "You can never have too many shirts" but I actually do. With four check shirts and three denim I thought Hey! time for a D.I.Y to mix things up a little. I chose a denim one I've had for years from Pennys/Primark that I haven't worn in yonks! So, what would it be? studs? Patchwork? Or converting it into a crop top maybe? NOPE - Cut-out!

The cut-out is pretty popular when it comes to dresses but with shirts it's more of a mini trend. I decided to snip out the panels at the front where it covers the collar bone. The collar bone is pretty sexay on a lady if you ask me, so instead of flashing your cleavage why not cover up in a shirt yet bare your clavicles with cut-out? It's a win-win situation! Well, maybe not so much for the opposite sex but hey, Girl Power!

Anyway lets get started...

Here's the shirt in it's original condition



Lay the shirt out with the collar turned up and outline where you want to cut out



If you don't want to do the whole cut-out thing I did a quick example of fringing instead!

The finished product! Trim off any excess threads and make sure that the lines are cut evenly.

Then try it on and check it OUT!





Yahoo! It turned out really well! I was a bit wary that it would start to fray but cutting along the stitching line prevented that from happening.


Let me know what you think! Comments and followers are always appreciated! 

Laaaaaater,
Lil :)

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing!
    What a great idea!
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin.
    Just comment on my blog and I always follow back.
    Lots of love from London.
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete