Thursday, 4 April 2013

D.I.Y - Céline T-Shirt

YAY! It's here!
Slogan and designer tee's are everywhere now. It's all well and good having a "NERD", "DORK" or "GEEK" t-shirt, but for me you can't beat the simple minimalistic words of Céline, Chanel or Rodarte.
I know I said in the inspirational post (click HERE) prior to this one that I was gonna mix a few traits from different designer t-shirts and put them all into one but I decided to do a replica of the Céline one. It just looks really cool the way it is and I couldn't resist playing it safe and doing one I knew would work well.

Right. All you need is:
A t-shirt (white, grey, black - your choice!) - I bought this one in the men's section in Pennys/Primark for €2.50
A selection of different sized paint brushes
A pencil
Black fabric paint
A black marker (not pictured)
Blank piece of paper
Newspaper
Initially I was going to stencil the letters on so I thought I was going to be using the scissors, masking tape and the scalpel but halfway through doing this I decided to trace it instead.



Instead of drawing the letters by hand (which if I did, it would take me AGES 'cause I'm so particular) I got a picture from the internet and simply placed the blank piece of paper over the screen and traced it.

I didn't want to do the "PARIS" when I was tracing (hence the absence of it here)  but decided I wanted it after and just painted it on freehand

Outline with a thick black marker

Lay the t-shirt out flat, put some newspaper inside to prevent the fabric paint sinking through to the back. Then place the tracing under the front of the t-shirt at your desired position. 


Then start colouring it in! It's important to to worry too much about having the letters perfectly aligned and in proportionate to each other. I painted it pretty roughly then went around with a smaller brush lining around the letters.

Et voilá!

Here are some pics the FAB photographer Elle took of me outside on this beautiful sunny day!













I'm delighted with how it turned out and the photos came out really well too! Woohoo!

So what dya think?

Comments and followers are always appreciated! :)

Lil <3

27 comments:

  1. aw you've done it so neatly well done! Gurantee I'd end up with ink dribblin everywhereeee if I tried this! Like how you've style it too xoxoxox

    www.fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so worried I'd mess it up! :P :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog, some great outfit posts.
    Obsessed with these Celine tops too really want one.

    Check out my blog,

    http://naughty-alice.blogspot.ie/

    Alice xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your some woman lily!! this is awsome :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh Aine, you're too kind! haha :) <3

      Delete
  4. It's awesome! Well done on your featureon Fashion bloggers FB & Collegetimes! Keep it up!

    ..X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nuala! Oh I didn't know I was featured on Fashion Bloggers FB! Thanks for the heads up! So hard to keep up with all the sites! :P x

      Delete
  5. What a really nice idea! thank you so much for this post. I will try it out :)
    I follow you. Maybe you can visit my blog an follow me back.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Selinalie!
      Gonna check your blog out now! :) x

      Delete
  6. you're so clever, I wanna own one set of that! cool :)
    http://www.palcameraswest.com/celinebags/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea so much, i love that you DIY your clothes, so creative

    http://thefashiondissect.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with D.I.Y! :P

      Delete
  8. I learned how to make a design and printed a word or pictures in t-shirt from only pictures in this site.The T-Shirt making pictures is very helpful to who want to know about the manufacture of t-shirts.
    Bulk Tshirts
    Bulk T-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog from the Company forum. this is such a great idea, you wouldn't know that you'd done it yourself - i love your DIY posts
    Sophie x | sophielouisew_ fashion.beauty.lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this :) such a great idea....just found your blog..your blog is great..

    I just started blogging..please check out mine http://lavieb3llle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you! Gonna check yours out now! :)

      Delete
  11. Great DIY!! I am impressed!
    XX_SJ
    www.fashinny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buy Plain T Shirts- Are you looking for t shirts in India ? Neevov offers t shirts for men online at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for pointing that out. These are great t shirt design. Iwearme has good range of designer tshirts for men India that reflects your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    Nice t shirts designs, thanks for sharing.

    We are leading manufacturers clothing items like underwear, t-shirts, trunks, briefs, shirts, etc.

    ReplyDelete