Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Liebster Award

Allo allo allo! So some news, I'm so touched that fellow blogger Dellilah from Dellilahs Notebook has nominated me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a great way for us new bloggers to interact, build confidence in our blogs and to discover new blogs! What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. To be nominated is such a compliment and I'm excited to start cracking on this post!


The Basic Rules
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you
2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award
5. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves
6. No tag-backs!

What Dellilah asked

1. If you have £1 (a euro in my case) what's the first thing that comes to mind to buy?
I would probably g to the shop and buy a dairymilk!
2. You would love to trade places with...?
Hmmm..Grace Coddington would be cool to trade with or Lori Anne Allison (Johnny Depp's wife). Then I'd love to be one of Sir Phillip Green's daughters! :P
3. If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Pick and choose anything I want to wear no matter what the price is!
4. Coming to beauty, do you spend more time on your face or hair?
I'm gonna say my face. I like taking time to do my make-up. If I rush I get hot and flustered and then I just don't feel nice.
5. One key item every girl should have in her closet?
A good quality white t-shirt! Such a staple!
6. What is the reason behind your blog name?
It took me aaaages to come up with one. I looked up sites on how to come up with a name and a lot of them were really silly. I like having alliteration in a name because it's easy to remember and rolls off the tongue well. I also wanted it to connect with me personally, either include my name or a word that described me. So I came up with Lastest Lil which I suppose really means what's the Latest with Lily! Pretty appropriate! 
7. If you were a singer what would you name your first album?
I hate stupid album names. I would either not give it a name at all or just call it Album no.1. 
8. Is there any word you use a lot in your conversation?
Yes! I use "like" a LOT! But doesn't everyone? I imitate a lot of gangster talk too and say "Holla fo a dolla" inspired by Honey Boo Boo. 
9. Which make up and clothing brand never fails you?
Make-up: I love Maybelline foundation, Benefit is my favourite brand, Barry M for nail polish and MAC for powder. Clothing: For style and originality I have to say Topshop. For quality and awesome basics American Apparel - although it's pricey it's made and produced in the U.S!  
10. I would love to know is there any unusual  item you own?
I actually don't. Nothing that's too out there anyway!? I have a long navy dress that I bought in a thrift shop that makes me look slightly like a nun!? 

11 random acts about ME!

1. I was a total tomboy and played all sports when I was younger. I even wanted to be a boy and swore I would never EVER wear make-up or a dress. 

2. I HATE blowing my nose - I've never successfully done it. Yuck.

3. The first time I EVER dyed my hair was last year and it was a balayage and I haven't looked back!

4. I turn into a complete culchie at work (a pub in the country) to talk to the local customers. Then when I'm at a dinner party with mum's acquaintances I'm all law-dee-daw dah-ling!

5. Before I decided I wanted to do fashion, I had planned on becoming an outdoor education instructor. 

6. I love getting into a cold bed. Warm pillows are a no-go!

7. I crack my neck, fingers, back - anything! I know it's bad but I love doing it!

8. I like to do different accents. They're not very good but it makes everyone laugh!

9. I cried when my mum put my gold and white dress in the washing machine and all the gold came off. It was my prize dress. Waaaa

10. If someone is beside me I tend to hit or slap them when something exciting is happening. If no-one's there then it's the arm of the chair that gets it. 

11. Ah the last one - I'm really bad for talking though movies/ TV shows and trying to guess the plot of a story when someone is telling it. 

My Nominations


Alice from Naughty Alice


Hannah from A Red Lip Never Dates

Mona from Mona Dot

Sabrina from The Young Eccentric

Danielle from Danielle's Closet

Anna from Fashion Stylistka

Belle from Honey Belle

Kerry from Literally Awkward

Nuala from Penny And Polaroids

There are my nominations! You'll notice quite a few are Irish. I'm all for promoting Irish Fashion Bloggers and discovering new ones! Be sure to check all these guys out!

Lily asks

1. If you had a large sum of money but you could only buy ONE thing what would it be?

2. What's the meaning behind your blog name? (I really liked that Q Dellilah asked me!)

3. If the world was going to end tomorrow how would you spend your last day?

4. What's your most prize possession?

5. What's your wardrobe staple?

6. If you could spend a day inside someone's mind who's would you choose?

7. If you had to listen to one song over and over again what song would it be?

8. If you had to choose to wear one designer for a month who would you wear?

9. Your favourite/desired place to shoot an outfit post?

10. Where do you want to be in 5 years time?

11. Do you have a motto or advice that your blog lives by?

Phew! Finito!

Very excited to hear your thoughts and answers!

Laaaaaaaaaaater,

Lil  


10 comments:

  1. Loved your blog and will come back for sure!

    Oh, I just started following you by the way, on GFC, Bloglovin and Twitter! Hope you come by my blog! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it?

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Gonna pop on over to yours now! :) x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for choosing me.. I will be sure to do this when I'm back home with my computer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm Steven. I think your blog is pretty awesome. I am following...hope you can check out my site: http://www.theproverbs.net/ and FOLLOW. Thanks, talk you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steven! Awh gee thanks! And thank you for the follow! Defo gonna check yours out! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks .. lovely post sweets,


    www.dellilahsnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete