Thursday, 6 June 2013

D.I.Y - Fringe Earrings




So lately I'm noticing a LOT of fringing. Obviously because it's summer and everything is snipped into strips. But I've come across (let's call it a mini trend) fringed earrings. They look really cool (I use the word cool a lot) and are perfect for the festival season and can transform a regular look to a hip hoppity hippie or a glam gypsy. 

So let's get fringey!

You will need:
Some fringing (obvs) - I got mine in a cute lil store in Powerscourt Dublin called A. Rubanesque - It has the most AMAZING fringing, ribbons, lace etc..it was like a material dreamworld.
Bead caps/toppers
The little essentials you need to make earrings - I don't know ANY of the proper names but you'll see them in the pic - I bought all of this stuff in Beads and Bling on Wellington Quay D2.
Scissors 
Jewelry pliers  - I didn't have a pair so I attempted to use the ones we had in the tool box..they didn't work.
Fabric glue



Roll up the fringing until it fits into the cap



Add some glue to the inside of the fringe so that it sits like this without unraveling  


Add some glue to the top - only a little!


Place the bead cap on top and let it sit for a few minutes until the glue dries



Push the wire up the middle of the fringe through the top of the cap keeping the loop at the bottom



Slide the wire through the loops of the hooks and bend at the desired length


Bend the remainder of the wire and wrap around the original piece. I could have done this A LOT tidier if I had proper pliers and loops but I was too eager to do this D.I.Y and really who's going to be looking THAT close at my earrings!?

VOILA !


 I gave them a lil snip 'cause they were quite long too.





There you go! 
Pretty easy if you put your mind to it!
Lemme know what you think and pop a comment down below or follow me on Bloglovin'

Keep up to date with what I'm up to everyday via my Facebook or Instagram @lilsersj

Also if you're not much of a creative cat I spotted Galway fashionista Sinead from Cotton Face Vintage selling them for a great price HERE

Laaaaaaaaaaaater,
Lil 

9 comments:

  1. Aww you're so creative- you've made me want to go back to making accessories and clothes :) The earrings looks great!!

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. so neat! i'm going to make something similar to put on my handbags! thanks for the inspiration - your earrings look great :-)

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,

    Great post! Thank you for the follow. I am most certainly following back :D

    Naomi O
    www.lipstickandloudmouths.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I love clever DIY's, will have to try this one day :) Thanks for stopping by earlier, following you on GFC now! B x

    beabopsstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether you possess a holistic or technical point of view, there is without doubt that countless people have benefited from the therapeutic properties of crystals. Crystal jewelry for bridesmaids can mean anything from earring to necklaces and everything in between. crystal bracelet is affordably priced and therefore easy to replace; you don't have to be concerned that you will lose or break crystal jewelry as you would with diamonds or other precious gems. So, Crystal gifts is much in demand nowadays.

    ReplyDelete