Thursday, 22 August 2013

New Blue







Sunnies: eBay // Top & skirt: Pennys/Primark // Heels: ZARA // clutch:  Blue Q @ ASOS // jewelry: mix and match from Forever21, Topshop and River Island. 

A lot of this outfit is new; the shoes, top, clutch and specs. It's a pretty cheap ensemble too - it all comes under €50! These shoes are from ZARA (read about them in my previous post >>HERE<<), both top and skirt are from Pennys/Primark, my clutch is from ASOS from a brand called Blue Q who produce their products from post consumer material (luv u motha naytcha!) and my lovely John Lennon-esque spectacles are a bargain buy off a lovely Asian fellow from eBay. 
 I came across this denim crop top in Pennys/Primark when I was shopping in Galway city the other day. It's nice to see denim being used as something else rather than a shirt, skirt, jacket or jeans. I suppose that only really leaves a top left to do anyway.  My skirt is a buy from back in April, I love the colour, material, shape and it flatters my figure so I was sold. Or rather, it was, to me. mwahaha. So funny.
I think what really makes this outfit is this tropical hummingbird clutch. I reckon it makes this a bit more interesting to look at. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a make up bag of some sort though. Ever since Mary Katrantzou came on the scene I've been wanting original printed bags and clutches, but not so willing to pay the price. Then I spotted this lil gem on ASOS and for the price it was I snapped it up! 

TIME FOR SOME GREAT NEWS!

Earlier in the week I discovered that I had been featured in LOOK Magazine; one of the UK's top weekly fashion magazines. LOOK have a website where you can upload your outfits, hairstyles and nail art, then every week they feature fellow fashionistas rocking a certain trend. And with a shock I found myself being featured in this weeks issue in the feature tartan vs checks. 
Deeeeee-lighted!



So? Any thoughts? 

Laaaaaaater,
Lil

LIKE ME // FOLLOW ME // TWEET ME

20 comments:

  1. I just had a massive cruch on your shoes ! Great look !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being in the magazine! love your clutch and the shoes xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! Congrats dear! Thank you for your comment in my blog and for following me! I'm following you back on GFC & Bloglovin!

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in love with the shoes and the sunglasses. You look so amazing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous summer look! love the sunnies!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. That clutch is amazing - and the shades ^_^ ♥seriously well done on the Look feature!

    Amelia xx

    http://lafemmeeclectique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shades are very cool! As is the Look feature - well done! x

    www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great outfit! I love the two blue tones together, and you're right the clutch does set it off just the right amount :)
    I'm really liking your blog, definitely following!

    Helen at "Hels Yeah" xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Followed ya back! :)

      Delete
  9. The sunglasses are beautiful! Loving the blue toned outfit. Congrats on the Look feature.

    Sophie x
    soinspo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your outfit! those shoes and skirt are gorgeous!
    xx Ayesha

    http://ayeshaalimfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful look! The glasses are so cool <3

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for following! I follow back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice outfit! I love the glasses though :)

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete