Sunday, 1 September 2013

Chill by the lake




shirt: Blackhuse Thriftage // shorts, watch: River Island //  heels: New Look // bandana : mum's !

This one is a loooooooong overdue post. These photos were taken back when it was really hot. So as it's officially NOT summer any more I thought I better put 'em up. I posted an out-take selfie of this outfit a while back over on my Instagram (find me @Latest_Lil) announcing that it was a part of a feature in a magazine. After confirming I would be featured, I sent in all my photos only to receive a mail a few weeks later to tell me that the certain feature had been cut in the magazine. How shit? Bummer. UGH! So unbelievably annoyed.
But anyway, I'm sure I'll get more chances! Onto the clothes - my shorts are from River Island. I bought them on sale, I don't now how many years ago. They're a lil bit different to your usual denim shorts and the white polka dots are pretty cool. My heels are an absolute bargain buy for €10 from New Look. Now for the story behind my shirt. Fellow contributor for collegetimes.ie; Joanne, set up Blackhouse Thriftage on Facebook. To be supportive I gave it a like, because as all you bloggers out there know, even one like makes a difference on FB. Then I saw she was holding a giveaway with this reeeeeally cool Hawaiian shirt, I'd been obsessing over hawaiian/tropical shirts for summer so I entered and hoped for the best. And I WON! I never win anything! yay! 
Joanne hand makes cute, funky and dainty jewellery and of course sells thrifty gems. So if you're into that kinda jazz check her out >>Blackhouse Thriftage<<

Like? Hate? Love?

Leave a comment!

Laaaaaaater,
Lil

LIKE ME // FOLLOW ME // TWEET ME

14 comments:

  1. You look so lovely !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cute little vintage look!
    the head band really compliments the shirt

    A FASHION FIX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awk Lily you must've been so disappointed. If it's any consolation you look fab in that shirt! Love the head scarf too btw x x x

    stylestack.blogspot.co.uk

    stylestack.blogspot.co.uk

    stylestack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was yeah, quite annoying! But onwards and upwards! :P

      Delete
  4. The photo of you with your feet in the water reminds me of the Notebook!

    This scene: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqvruk2mYb1qi0wl1o1_500.png

    Great outfit, it really suits you :)

    New follower x

    How Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit, love the shirt and red hair tie :)
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style darling !
    I'm your new follower
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily, these pictures are really perfect, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous look, beautiful shots also!
    Love your blog, stumbled upon it on twitter and now following for sure!

    ReplyDelete