Monday, 23 September 2013

Galway Bloggers Party

Last Saturday I went along to Galway's very FISRT blogger party hosted by Rebecca of Bec Boop Fashionista World.  It was held in the very plush House Hotel in the city centre. It kicked off at 1pm but having trouble getting ready (yes, again - read my other story HERE), I arrived at 1:30. I walked in to receive a goody bag, with fantastic treats I might add, then scanned the room for someone I recognised. Thankfully I spotted Orla from Beyond Fashion, so I sat with her and had an ol' natter. 
There were stalls from Cotton Face Vinatge, Captain Torture Group Galway and a mini stall from Benefit and Urban Decay from Debenhams.
At around 2:30, we were pleasantly entertained by a mini fashion show, showcasing clothing and accessories from local shops, designers and milliners. 

I would like to thank Rebecca for the invitation, it was a wonderful opportunity to network and to actually meet other bloggers in person that you have a cyber friendships with. Speaking of which I also met Aisling from Walking Primrose and swapped cards with another Aisling from Pale Girl.

I didn't take a lot of photos from the day and some of which I took didn't come out as well as I thought. I snapped the "They're Real" Benefit mascara advert - they always have the BEST advertising campaigns - and some of Cotton Face Vintage's jewelry.





Ta-dah! This is what I wore. Obviously, doh! Some may scowl at my top half, but they're just conservative ninnies. At least I'm not dressing like Miley Cyrus. I've been on the hunt for tops that stand out and I spotted this baby on Romwe a few weeks ago so I bought it before it disappeared. I've become completely obsessed with wearing these bralets or triangle bras under see-through tops, so buying this black lace one from Pennys and pairing it with this top is a match made in heaven for me!





Top: Romwe /// Bralet and bag: Pennys/Primark /// heels: River Island /// Jeans: Topshop /// silver cuff: Forever21 /// Rings: H&M

Laaaaaaaaater,

Lil 

LIKE ME // LOVE ME // TWEET ME

34 comments:

  1. Your outfit is amazing ! I dream to move in Galway next Spring, I love this city and I'm happy to see that there is a blogging community growing there. Maybe next September we will meet there xx ;)

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! Oh yea, hit me up when you're back!

      Delete
  2. It was lovely to meet you! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely write-up and for coming along to the party. It was so nice to meet you and I'm delighted you enjoyed yourself.
    Your outfit was so cool! (Wish I was brave enough to wear a top like that!)

    Bec Boop Fashionista World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem bec! Thank you for having me!

      Delete
  4. You are much braver than I am! But I love the look! Especially the jacket!

    I live in the U.S. but I visited Ireland this past spring and my time in Galway was my absolute favorite! :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. That statement necklace is gorgeous. I have those jeans too! got them on sale and wear them aaalllll the time x x x

    stylestack.blogspot.com


    stylestack.blogspot.com


    stylestack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Yeah I got them on sale too!!

      Delete
  6. Wow I love the outfit! The top is amazing,

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you look awesome!
    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh I wanted to go, but I had a fashion shoot the same day! :(
    Hope to meet you in other event!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh shoot! Would have been great to meet!

      Delete
  9. Oh I'd love to go to a blogger event but it's getting up the guts to do it is the problem! Look so cool by the way

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was very nervous going! But I'm so happy I went!

      Delete
  10. Looks good! I didn't know there was such a buzz in the Irish blogosphere! x
    fashionscholar.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah there's a huge buzz nowadays, it's becoming pretty popular!

      Delete
  11. I love your blog !
    Kisses from Cork :)

    www.vouguex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great time! I love your top and your nail varnish is such a pretty colour!

    Rose xo

    fashionrhapsody.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi darling
    we bought been featured by boohoo :)
    fancy to follow each other ?
    Please let me know
    http://irenadworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hooray you found me! Hoppin' over to your blog now!

      Delete
  14. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC (95), would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mandy, thank you! I'll go check yours out now!

      Delete
  15. I like your top!

    Im loving the rings from the jewellery stand!

    Virgosandkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coat is so nice. I am loving your distressed jeans too x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete