Friday, 13 September 2013

Samsung Young Designer of the Year #DFF



Last Thursday night I attended the Young Designer of the Year event during Dublin Fashion Festival. I won the tickets through a tweeting comp on Twitter and I had a plus one so I brought my friend Lorraine along with me. 
It was held outside the Bank of Ireland on College Green opposite Trinity. The whole setup was aaaaaamaaaazing - purple and blue lighting, free baileys and wine and booming music made the atmosphere very cool. 
Lenon Courtney - that's how I'll label them from now on - MC'd the show with their usual ease and humour. The finalist's designs took their place on the runway first then a series of looks from Lenon Courtney, Arnotts, Kilkenny and the Design Center took the stage while the judges decided on a winner.
  
Here are  a few pics from the night and my favourite designs from the finalists. A special congratulations to Claire Lynam who won!

Claire Lynam - The WINNER
Mary Fitzpatrick
Naomi Faughan
Polina Yakobsen
Lorraine Dimond

Here's what I wore to the event. It's a pretty summery outfit but my God it was warm! It's all so "in" now to be wrapping shirts around your waist but I thought I'd make a lil change and tie my blazer instead. I whipped my pink pvc skirt out too for another wear, you can see it in another outfit HERE. Lemme know whatcha think in the comments box down below.

Bralet and skirt: Topshop /// Heels: ZARA /// clutch: ASOS /// Striped blazer : Pennys/ Primark

 Laaaaaaaaaater,
Lil

LIKE ME // FOLLOW ME // TWEET ME



14 comments:

  1. this looks great and fun :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the only events I didn't go to, really wanted to though. Hope you had a lovely time your outfit was really cute!
    Congrats on being shortlisted in the blog awards!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! The setup was amaaazing!

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing Lil! And your outfit was gorge ;*

    Amelia xx
    http://lafemmeeclectique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, it really stood out from all the rest!

      Delete
  5. I love your outfit, you honestly remind me of Carrie Bradshaw.. gorgeous style! xo

    http://thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete