Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Beauty Favourites Vol.1



YO!
So I've decided to start doing "Beauty Favourites" posts. As of now, they're not gonna be a monthly installment, just random and sporadic but spaced out between each other. I follow a lot of bloggers that incorporate beauty into their fashion blogs and although I'm no beauty guru I thought I give it a whack! There's a few bits and bobs I've come across that I want to share with you, these aren't exactly reviews, just small descriptions and pictures of what I'm loving lately. 


Lets go y'aall!

1. Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipsticks

First up is lipstick! I LAV LIPSTICK. I had been looking for a really well pigmented vibrant fuchsia pink lipstick and chose Kate Moss for Rimmel in shade 20 after swatching SO many on my hand. Also, a nude one is always handy to have to go with a smokey eye or a daytime look and after watching Tar Marz's newest video on her YouTube channel she used this 03 Kate for Rimmel lippy and it looked soo good. So I bought it, hoping it does wonders on me too. So far so good with both of these. 

2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

It's thick, soft and is amaaaazing for application. There's been so much hype about these brushes I don't really need to say more. If you're like how I used to be; buying the cheapest brush available...STOP! INVEST in these brushes!! They're not even that expensive anyway. I grabbed this one along with another real techniques brush in Boots while they were doing a "buy one get one half price" offer. (Excuse the colour, there's some foundation on it)

3. Collection's 16hr lasting perfection concealer

My sister introduced me to this after watching someone talk about it on YouTube. Thank God she did. I have awful, awful bags under my eyes and this product is perfect for them. I never really thought much of Collection but this is a nice consistency, I feel when I'm putting it on that's it's really absorbing into my skin and will last the day...and it does! No more lusting after YSL's Touche Eclat.

4. Collection's Colour Lash mascara

I don't use this as mascara. I use it as an eyebrow gel. There are a lot of brands selling all sorts of gel's for your brows at ridiculous prices, and I thought, would a cheap clear mascara not do the same? Yeah, it does. I have a few stray hairs and using this puts them all in place and gives them a groomed look as opposed to a birds nest.  

5. Silcock's Base Moisturiser 

Suffering from dry skin? Or at the end of the day your make-up has rubbed off and your skin is flaky? 
My friend showed this to me the other day and since using it I've seen an improvement in my dry skin. Apparently it's usually used for rashes but can be used as a moisturiser too. Also, it's made in IRELAND. Helping the economy I am! My make-up usually flakes off by the end of the day but after using this for only two days it's nearly stopped the flakiness. This massive tube was only €4 too. Yussssssss! It's such a win when you find these cheap pharmaceutical products to use instead of the expensive high street brands.



Beauty Favourites Vol.1 DONE.

I hope you enjoyed this new section I'm introducing into the blog. And please, if you suffer from the same things I do and have some tips then share them down below in the comments box!

Laaaaaaaaaaaater,

Lil

LIKE ME // LOVE ME // TWEET ME

24 comments:

  1. I'm in love with my RT brushes too! They are so worth it!
    Lovely blog :)
    Sian xx
    http://madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sian! Yeah I haven't looked back since I got the expert brush!

      Delete
  2. I love that pink Kate Moss Lipstick ... I need to get some!!

    x

    glamourpie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice products ! I love the Real techniques brushes !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara!
      Yeah they're amaaaaaazing!

      Delete
  4. great post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of real techniques brushes :)

    xx Vivi
    http://frostedpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. I personally LOVE the kate lipstick as well :)

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection! Everyone's been talking about the new Kate Moss lipsticks - Need to try it out :)
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and your blog, keep it coming.
    http://inspireparlamode.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink lipstick look amazing!

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: http://spiked-soul.blogspot.com/ :)
    Have a nice day!

    Elwira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elwira! I'll check yours out now! x

      Delete
  10. I really want to try Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks!
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had my eye on those real techniques brushes for a while now, I think it's time I took the plunge! x x x

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought my first real technique brush set and loved it so much I actually bought another to do a blog giveaway with next week they are so soft and blend so well best brushes I have used to date! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! They're so brilliant! Love 'em!

      Delete