Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Beauty Favourites Vol. 2



Hooray! Beauty Favourites Vol. 2 has arrived! You can check out my first one from back in October HERE. Some of these products I got as presents for Christmas and others I've bought myself. 


1. Garnier Skin Naturals

These are a fairly recent discovery, before Garnier I was an avid user of Simple skincare, just because they were cheap and were known for their non-toxic, no chemical formulas. I was never really satisfied with what the Simple products were doing for my skin so I decided to change products. I was in CARA pharmacy one day (best pharmacy ever by the way), and spotted the Garnier skincare range for between €3-€5. UNREAL. I picked up the grape scrub because, well, I like grapes and I always think that any fruit or veg that's green is refreshing and good for your skin (I know the things that waver my choices are a bit silly). Now I have quite dry skin, mostly in my T-zone and the sides of my mouth and whenever I'm wearing makeup it flakes off which is sooooo annoying. The area in my forehead used to annoy me the most but since using this scrub it has actually gotten rid of any flakiness on my forehead completely! With a lot of scrubs that I've tried I've found that they hardly have any grains in them at all and it makes no difference to my face. But this product has the perfect amount and when I'm using it I can really feel the scrub - if that makes sense.
Next I got the Comforting Cleansing Lotion  with rose extracts. With a rough scrub, you need a soothing cleanser afterwards and this one is soooo soft and smells so nice. After the scrub my skin is slightly tickly and prickly and applying this cleanser totally soothes it all out. BIG thumbs up for these products! The moisturiser I use is in my first favourites post that you can read HERE.




2. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

I was on the hunt for a black gel eyeliner after using pencils, liquid and those markers that Bourjois make and I've decided now I'm never looking back after using gel. It is without a doubt the best type of liner. I realised that it's the easiest one to use to do flicks and precise lines. So, when I had my heart set on going for gel I decided to get this Maybelline one. For the life of me I can't remember how much it was (€9-€11) I think, but the great thing about it was that you're not only getting the pot but you get the brush also. This is the first gel eyeliner I've used and I'm not saying it's the best but I really love it! The only flaw I have with it is that for a really jet black look you need to apply at least two layers. The swatches down below show that the left one has a slight (very slight) brown tint and the right one (two layers) is much blacker. The staying power is amazing, it really stays on ALL day (good make-up remover required). Quick tip: ALWAYS wash the brush after you use it, the product hardens and when you go to use it the next time it gouges out a mass amount - sadly, I've learned this from a personal experience. Boo.




3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation

I'm sure you're reading about this foundation on absolutely EVERY blog in the entire Blogosphere but I had to include it 'cause after all it is a favourite. I have pretty dry skin and although many say it dries out your skin, if you apply a dollop of moisturiser before putting it on then it's perfect. I always apply moisturiser on before foundation anyway so I guess this is why I've never experienced the dryness. The coverage is amazing, when I'm applying it I can really feel it stick to my skin - that sounds awful but for someone who's makeup is constantly coming off it's a Godsend! It's quite light on my skin and doesn't tighten. The range of shades in unreal! I was amazed at the colour wheel the lady at the counter pulled out when she was matching me up! The only flaw I have with this is the smell, it says it's odorless but it does have that foundation smell if you know what I'm talking about. But who cares about smell when you have an airbrushed face!  



4. Benefit High Beam Highlighter 

This lil baby I got in one of those small sets from Benefit. I've only recently discovered the importance of highlighter. I'm not a blush gal because I have naturally very rosy cheeks so when it comes to having a bit of colour, I just avoid it. Lately I've been applying a small amount of highlighter to add a lil' something and enhance the dimensions in my face. I have small samples of Moon Beam and High Beam which are highlighters from Benefit too but I prefer the glow Sun Beam gives off. I apply a small amount right on my cheekbones down from where my eyebrow ends and a little down the bridge of my nose, along my brow bone and chin. Sometimes if I'm feeling adventurous I'll put some on the apples of my cheeks.




5. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette 

I own the Naked 2 palette and it has the best metallic shades to use for nights out or special occasions but for everyday I love to wear matte nude and brown eye shaddows. When I saw this palette, I'm gonna say about a year ago maybe, I really wanted it but didn't want to pay the price, so thankfully I got it for Christmas! YAY! Since getting it, I've used it nearly everyday! I just love every single shade, it's great for daytime smokey eyes too. It's small and compact which makes it easy to carry around and as per usual the Urban Decay pigmentation is one of the best there is! OBSESSED!



So there you have it, hope you enjoyed it! Do leave a comment down below and follow!

Laaaaaaaaaaater,
Lil

LIKE ME // LOVE ME // TWEET ME

4 comments:

  1. We absolutely love the Maybelline gel liner! We recently rediscovered it, and have been using it almost everyday.

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked pallets are the best seriously. I do love garnier products as well but not the grape line.
    MyStyleDiary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this liner and it is honestly one of the best I have ever tried

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete