Friday, 3 January 2014

S'Later '13


GOODBYE 2013

HELLOOOOO 2014!

For me, 2013 was a great year, despite 13 being traditionally the most unluckiest
 number ever. Sure, I've had my ups and downs and many regrets like everybody else but as J.Cole and Miguel would say: ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

This whole "new year, new me" crap that goes around is SO uninspiring. Maybe "new year, improved me"? It's much more realistic. You can never have a new you, you're always going to be the same person; possibly a few pounds lighter and a different hair colour. That's my motto for my own self and Latest Lil in 2014; not new, but improved. Sorry Drake, YOLO is so 2013. 

Since starting my blog in Jan '13 it has gone from strength to strength but I feel it's not where I want it to be yet. It can be so much better than it is and that's what 2014 is gonna be all about! I'm saving up for a new camera and hopefully grow some balls and not be so shy about taking outfit posts in public. Also possibly lose a few inches here and there like every other gal with body issues. Girl power YO!
Throughout the year I got to go to some great events, meet cool new people and feature in some awesome websites and popular magazines. You can check out all my features on the PRESS AND FEATURES tab at the top of the page. 

September '13 saw me enrolling into D.I.T to study Journalism which I am totally crushing on. I love the course, apart from the odd class, as you do. I feel I've finally found my niche in Dublin and it's a great feeling! This is my second year living in the big smoke and I'm coming to terms with Dublin life, maybe I'll start calling girls moths now. (It's Dub slang for all you non-capital folk).

I thought I'd take a look back to some of my favourite outfits and D.I.Y's from the year and also what my top 3 posts were of 2013. All D.I.Y's you can find in the D.I.Y tab at the top of the page.

OUTFITS





D.I.Y's

For quick links to my D.I.Y's
Celine tee - HERE
Cut out shirt - HERE
Earring holder - HERE
Floral sunnies - HERE

TOP 3 POSTS OF 2013

No 1 : Thylane Blondeau 

I wrote a short post on this girl I found through a facebook page who is the most beautiful child model I have ever laid eyes on. This post got the most views EVER on Latest Lil - you can read the full post >>HERE<<

No.2 : D.I.Y - Celine Tee

I guessed you guys loved this post as much as I did! You can read it >>HERE<<

No.3 : Hannah's Love and Vintage

This has to be one of my favourite posts, now I'm not blowing my own horn, well I am, but you get my drift, but the photographs in this post really make it. And the headbands. Oh, the headbands! I couldn't get enough of 'em! You can read what this post was all about >>HERE<<


Seeing as it's Latest Lil's birthday in a few days I'll be doing another post with a full recap of my blogging year and all that jazz! But for now..

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANK YOU FOR READING!

Laaaaaaaater,
Lil 

LIKE ME // TWEET ME // LOVE ME 

5 comments:

  1. Love this post Lil.. Good luck with your new years resolutions.. Mine lasted all of a day :P

    glamourpie.blogspot.ie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and best of luck with the blog in 2014 :)

    Fee XxX
    http://pingle91.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such a lovely post! great job x

    I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, please join! :) xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks with the fluffy pink jumper and pink PVC skirt. Snap! I also need to get over the whole being-shy-about-shooting-outfit-photos-in-public thing! x

    www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete