Thursday, 24 April 2014

G.I. Girl










Top: Boohoo.com // Skirt & Jacket: Topshop // Heels: Pennys/Primark // Sunglasses: eBay

Hooray! Another outfit post!

I took advantage of my day off yesterday to snap a few different outfit photos causing such dismay to my mother/in-house photographer who had better things to be doing. But I sat her down and told her that I had to get this shit done. So she kindly endured the fuss of outfit changes and spastic posing in an attempt to disguise my protruding hips. My lack of blogging lately has been horrendous and I just thought it'd be a good idea to shoot as many different outfits as possible to cover myself for a while. So watch this space over the next week. 

I've never been a fan of the camo print trend, but one day I saw, somewhere on the inter-web, a t-shirt in this print paired with something girly and it looked pretty damn cool. That picture I saw inspired me to go ahead and buy my own camo print tee. THEN I found this top's soul-mate when I was trawling through the Topshop sale in January and found this glorious textured skirt. IT'S SO FLUFFAY! I didn't want to succumb to the pastel pink trend but the shape and texture appealed too much that I HAD to get it. Plus, I had an epiphany in the changing room with the thought of this skirt with that top. Pretty in pink - eat your heart out Molly! 

So I came home, tried the two on, and it was a match made in Carrie Bradshaw's closet. Some of you might think it's the most vile outfit you've ever seen but, I dunno, I reckon it works, somehow. Anything that clashes and contrasts makes for a more interesting and fun outfit.
The skirt does all the girl talk for this outfit so I kept everything else black and edgy with my trusty leather jacket, John Lennon sunnies and black heels. 


Laaaaaaater,

Lil



5 comments:

  1. HI:)

    The skirt looks incredible comfy and awesome texture!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Bye,
    NIKA Bittner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is so gorgeous ! I love the skirt and the shoes !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. You little bad-ass! Looks deadly! :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! Cameo is always great!

    Come visit me soon! I miss you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete