Friday, 6 February 2015

Valentine's Day Gift Guide



Valentine's gift guide

Alphabet Mugs  //  Tree of Life necklace  //  Daniel Wellington watch  //  Instyler  //  Lace Bralet  //  The Balm Highlighter //  Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume


Valentine's is creeping up so I've catered this post towards the befuddled boyfriends/girlfriends, fiancé's, husbands/wives and even the lonely souls (I included) to either buy for your other half or yourself. This guide is based on my aesthetic and things I personally like. So if you reckon that whoever you're buying for, runs along the same line as me, then this is the guide for you hunnay!



First things first, STEP AWAY FROM THE PANDORA BRACELET. Pandora is a gorgeous jewellery brand but the charm bracelet fad caused it to loose the exclusivity it once had. I don't like the look of the thing anyway. It's quite like the Michael Kors bag and watch craze. Will that ever end? I sound quite negative about these Brands, don't get me wrong, they produce top notch designs but it's my personal opinion and I HATE these trends that absolutely EVERYONE follows.

Anyway, enough of the bad-mouthing (whoops). I've created this collage with a variety of expensive/luxury and affordable gifts. What probably stands out most are the mugs. You must be thinking, "why would I buy someone a mug?" Well, I bloody love mugs and I've already collected about five of my very own in which I hold great pride in. So to get one of these from Anthropologie would be great!

The tree of life necklace is something I own already. My friends gave it to me for my 21st and I absolutely LOVE  it. It's my favourite piece of jewellery by far. Mine isn't exactly like this one but it's a close match. There are lots of variations of them on the web. You can find more HERE HERE and HERE. Also, if you're from Galway, Kemabli on Abbeygate street stock them along with tonnes of other gorgeous necklaces.

The watch is from Daniel Wellington. These watches are just tipping the point of a fad but they're super simple, classic and made well. If you don't have the cash for this one, Casio and Sekonda are two great affordable brands for watches.

FLOWERBOMB! That's the perfume. The most delicious, sweet, floral perfume you'll ever smell. Lord it's glorious. It costs a bomb but is 100% worth it, everyone I've met loves it.

The Instyler. This gadget is a gem for girls who can't curl their hair with a ghd. It basically does all the work for you in curling hair. All you do it wrap segments of the hair around the barrel, clamp it and the barrel rotates and curls your hair. If you find your gal complaining about styling her hair then this would be a fab present to give her.

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer highlighter. This is perfect for girls who are really into their make-up, especially the contour/highlight side of it. The Balm is a relatively new make-up brand but it's reputation is up there with the likes of MAC and Benefit. Beauty Bloggers and YouTubers have been going WILD for this highlighter so it would definitely go down a treat with your loved one.

Leaving the best 'til last. Lingerie. I used to think getting your girlfriend lingerie was so sleezy but I'm totally wrong. Lace bras/bralets and briefs are the new chic and my god this River Island number is so on point. It's terribly fashionable and both parties can enjoy it.

I hope this gave some of you inspiration for a present this Valentine's. Have a happy, love-filled day!

Laaaaaaaaater,

Lil

2 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with your valentine's day gift guide! <3 I love the daniel wellington watch. Hope I can get one this Valentine's. :)

    x, shekinahjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the pandora bracelets and Michael kors watches! They stopped looking nice once it was seen on the wrist of everybody. Lovely choices though! Especially the lace bra!

    GeorgiaJade - Beauty, Fashion and LIfestyle

    ReplyDelete