Saturday, 4 July 2015

UPDATE...Hello San Francisco













































               I'VE MOVED TO SAN FRANCISCO...for the summer...




A little update for you guys seeing as I haven't posted here in a thousand years. I moved here on May
27th with a group of friends for the summer. There are 10 of us in a small-ish 2 bed apartment. Yeah, you heard it, 2 bedrooms. We all fit...just about. But living in San Francisco where the bucket list is endless, the bedrooms are solely for sleeping. *Insert naughty thought here*

Before moving over, I had my end of year exams, and to pile the stress of getting everything sorted for the summer on top of that, well, I just didn't have the time or the energy to blog.

When I arrived I stayed with my cousin for a while until the rest of the crew landed in to SF. It took us approximately 5 days to find accommodation, thanks to my pal Chris who happens to live in the same complex as us now. After housing was sorted it gave us so much more free time to look for jobs. I got and interview for a place a few days after we moved in and the next day I was hired. BAM. Thank you Baby Jesus! (even if I don't believe in you).

So now, we're living in one of the most liberal hippiest cities in the US and I love it. At first, I was against living in Berkeley, I reckoned it was going to be an Irish infested area flooded with LADS in GAA gear, but when I arrived it proved me wrong. I have nothing against the Irish boys in jerseys, I just had the idea that if all the Irish flock to Berkeley it's not going to feel like I'm in the US, it would feel like a warmer Dublin City with palm trees. But I was wrong, yes, I was wrong! There's a community of Irish students here but there's a good balance between us and the locals. I can't write this post without mentioning the crazy people too. They are everywhere. I could throw a stone outside my window and I'd hit about three.

So now, I'm back to blogging...shame on me for leaving it so late! I had bought my DSLR over with me, but what did Lily forget? The battery charger. I bought one from Amazon and that arrived a couple of days ago so I'm eager to get back into the swing of things.

Oh by the way, HAPPY 4th of JULY!

p.s here are a few snaps I've taken while I've been here!

irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley
irish blog, j1, san francisco, haight street fair, travel blog, berkeley



4 comments:

  1. These photos are so lovely !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos and cute blouse :)
    BLOG M&M FASHION BITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s extremely well written post in writing content, give insights to the topic.

    Peggy Carter Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi buddy, I got your blog by the use of Google while searching on same issue and then your post looked very motivating for me. Bidinis

    ReplyDelete