Tuesday, 29 December 2015

NYE Beauty Essentials

NYE Beauty, New Years Beauty Products, Gigi Hadid makeup, Chanel Soleil Tan de review, golden bronze makeup, NYX liquid illuminator review, Catrice liquid metal eyeshadow, collection speedy highlighter review, irish fashion blogger, irish beauty blogger

GiGi Hadid. That's all I gotta say.

Well, not really, I have a little more to explain.

I always liked that golden glowy look but god damn it GiGi took it to the next level and made over-highlighting OK. And I'm OK with that. If you have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about then hop on over to *here* to these google images so we're all on the same page. Web page, that is...

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you my favourites right now that I use to achieve this bronzed golden glowy goddess look. Firstly you gotta make yourself look tanned (unless you already are, then whoop-di-bloody-do for you!).  I'm OBSESSED with the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzing base, it's creamy and gives the perfect bronzed look. You can add a small amount for a little sun kissed look or layer it up for a full on Californian beach babe vibe. It retails at €39 which is expensive for me, but I was lucky enough to buy a barely used one off Depop for €28. The girl had literally used it to swatch. Cha-ching. I've had it since September and use it often and it's still practically full. I cannot recommend it enough.

Illuminators next. The NYX one is a creamy liquid and a beautiful orangey golden shade. Perfect for achieving a super dewy look. Next is the Collection Speedy Highlighter. I read about this on Cosmopolitan where Bridget March compared this collection one with a Smashbox highlighter stick. She concluded that they were basically the same but with a £20 price difference. You can read the review here. So yes, this highlighter is brilliant and cheap enough that you won't mind losing it if you bring it on a night out with you. Not that you should be expecting to lose your make-up on a night out though.

Lastly is this Catrice eyeshadow. Oh. My. God. This eyeshadow. It's highly pigmented and SO affordable. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was when I first tried it but holy moly. It gives MAC a run for it's money. I think there are about 5 other shades in the Liquid Metal series, this one is the shade 030. I'm expecting a popular beauty guru to talk about these soon and instantly sell out. Watch this space.



Laaaaaaaaater,

Lil


1 comment:

  1. omg i need that chanel bronzing base, these products sound incredible!

    rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete