Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Staying in for NYE

Chunky Knits, Sheinside Grey high neck cropped sweater, mom jeans, boyfriend jeans, street style, outfit post, 90s fashion, vintage jeans, irish fashion blogger, irish blogger, Latest Lil, Penneys mom jeans, Primark Mom jeans,              Hey how are you what'sI've decided I'm not heading out this New Years' Eve and here's why...
Chunky Knits, Sheinside Grey high neck cropped sweater, mom jeans, boyfriend jeans, street style, outfit post, 90s fashion, vintage jeans, irish fashion blogger, irish blogger, Latest Lil, Penneys mom jeans, Primark Mom jeans,
Chunky Knits, Sheinside Grey high neck cropped sweater, mom jeans, boyfriend jeans, street style, outfit post, 90s fashion, vintage jeans, irish fashion blogger, irish blogger, Latest Lil, Penneys mom jeans, Primark Mom jeans,
Chunky Knits, Sheinside Grey high neck cropped sweater, mom jeans, boyfriend jeans, street style, outfit post, 90s fashion, vintage jeans, irish fashion blogger, irish blogger, Latest Lil, Penneys mom jeans, Primark Mom jeans,
*Jumper - Sheinside, Jeans - Primark/Penneys



For the past four or five years I haven't hit the town or gone to any house parties for New Year's simply because I worked in a bar every single year. And working in a bar means you always work New Year's Eve. This is the first year I haven't had that kind of job over the Christmas and I don't know what to do with myself. 

Where I'm from, heading out on St Stephen's Night (AKA Boxing Day) is a much bigger night out than New Years. The only option for me for New Years would be to either head out in Galway or Dublin City and neither appeal. The no.1 factor of my decision to stay in is because I'm broke. Not horribly broke, but broke enough that I can't afford to spend my money on a night out that I'm not sure I'll enjoy. My housemate and I are also planning a mini road trip around parts of Ireland in January so I'm trying to save my money for that. 

Here are some other reasons why New Year's doesn't appeal to me; It's manic. Anywhere worth going is crazy busy and I can't stand squishy pubs or clubs; I'm also feeling terribly body unconfident and the last thing I want to do is squeeze myself into anything right now (I know, I know, staying in with my mum and eating cookies doesn't help!) Lastly, this idea that you HAVE to have a New Year's kiss isn't great for those of us who don't have ANY prospects of another half. Who the heck wants to stand around, as the final countdown starts, with couples getting ready for the big "hooray we made it to 2016" kiss reminding you that you have no one. HOORAY, I FEEL GREAT AFTER THAT. Don't get me wrong I feel empowered being single but I don't want to be reminded that I have no one to snog for the countdown. Hmmm, does that sound pathetic? I'm not sure but I'm going to leave it here anyway. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Laaaaaaaaater,

Lil


4 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to this! NYE is so much hype and all that comes with it is: not being able to move, more expensive drinks and impossible to find a taxi! hope you have a nice nye in!

    rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking so cute ! Love the outfit and the photos !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to this. I stayed in with Mum and watched the new Jurassic World film. St Stephens night is usually better than NYE. And who really wants to start a new year with a hideous hangover?

    www.le-stage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog, and I love it :))

    ReplyDelete