Friday, 4 March 2016

Monochromatic Nude

nude, neutral, street style, beacons closet, irish blogger, irish fashion blogger, irish street style, dublin street style, monochrome, latest lil, adidas, stan smiths
Coat: Topshop // Polo neck: New Look // Jumper: my mums // Trousers: Beacon's Closet NYC // Stan Smiths: Foot Locker

Hey March! Howerya doin'?

February was a bad month with very little blogging, even less exercising and no romancing with the time of year it was. However, these can be fixed and March is off to a good start. By tomorrow I will have been to the gym three times this week - which is usually the consistency I need to get back on track; I'm posting this early in the month with another post already lined up; and after fixing some shelves and hanging a light installation above the kitchen table in my apartment, I've re-realised that I most certainly do not need a man...to do the handy work...I'd still like one though so if you're a hybrid of Jake Gyllenhaal, Harrison Ford and a long haired, bearded warrior hit me up, yo.

I shot this with my friend Robin, someone who thankfully doesn't find blog photography a nuisance. It's great to have someone who enjoys doing it - she does it for me and I do it for her - collaborating at it's finest. I really like this outfit but I always have the thought "this would look much better on a slimmer figure", and it would, I honestly think it would. I always think it must be so easy for the tall slim bloggers to throw an outfit together without worrying about their bulge showing or legs looking stump-like (yes, I'm well jeal of them). But then I look at fuller figure girls who I follow who look so cool in their clothes no matter what the size. It's those girls that help me realise that it's not so much about your body and figure - it's all about the clothes and the confidence you wear with them (I know, how High School Musical of me). So even though I'm not a fan of how my legs look in these trousers, I share these outfit posts because this is the body I have and if I want to show off my style then I've got to do it with, excuse me for this, what my momma gave me. Damn genes.

Laaaaaaaater,

Lil








4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and the photos !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos look ace. And I love the neutral colour pallet- Definitely something I want to try but I struggle to let go of my black skinny jeans.

    Also agreed about confidence and accepting ourselves. Your honesty is refreshing.


    Aishling

    ReplyDelete